Board of Education - April 2012 - Meeting Highlights
REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF EDUCATION
OF THE SCHOOL DISTRICT OF THE CITY OF ROYAL OAK
- The Royal Oak Schools Board of Education approved a revised Anti-Bullying Policy. The new policy brings the district into compliance with Matt's Safe Schools Law, Public Act 241, passed in Lansing in December, 2011. The new policy meets or surpasses all mandates in the new state law, including provisions for developing procedures, handling investigations, and documenting alleged bullying incidents. The policy is being posted on the district website, www.royaloakschools.com, where copies of all district polices may be found.
- The Board recognized and congratulated student, Evan Manidock, who has earned Eagle Scout Recognition.
- Approval of contracts for mechanical work to be completed at Oakland Elementary School this summer.
- Approval of an Intergovernmental Agreement (IGA) through which Oakland Schools will become our technology services provider.
- State of Schools Address: April 26, 2012, at 7:00 p.m. in the Gathering Place at Royal Oak Middle School.
- Next Regular board meeting is Thursday, May 10, 2012 @ 7:00 p.m.
The Board of Education Meetings are telecast on WOAK, the Royal Oak Schools Television Channel, Comcast Channel 19 or WOW Channel 15. Videos of the meetings are also available for viewing on the District website, www.royaloakschools.com, under Community. Click on WOAK, Videos on Demand.
The complete Board of Education meeting minutes are located on the District website, www.royaloakschools.com, under School Board. The minutes are posted following approval at the next regular Board of Education meeting.